Monday, January 30, 2012

A new beginning.....

View of my deck. Notice the tree growing through the deck
It has been a while since I have posted anything and lot has transpired in the last few months. My time here on the reservation is soon coming to an end and I have to admit that it is bittersweet. I am glad to be taking a job that will help me feel settled in Prescott, AZ but I will miss my friends that I have made in the last 11 months here. For those of you who do not know where Prescott is located, it is 2 hours south of Flagstaff on I-17 and 30 minutes west of the interstate on Highway 169.  I have rented a house there and will be renting out my 5th wheel trailer to other contract nurses out here on the reservation.  I am excited to have a washer and dryer in my house along with a dishwasher. I will be living up in the mountains about 15 minutes aways from the hospital and in enough seclusion that will make AMAZING!!!
I will be taking my two puppies with me to the new house. Sasha and Trixie are both rez mixes. Sasha, I have had since October who is now about 4 months old and 25 pounds. She was 3 pounds when I got here. She is hyper and loves to play. Trixie I have just acquired from my coworker who has been looking after her since she walked into the ER one night. She has the prettiest blue eyes and is probably a blue heeler mix. She and Sasha have been playing non-stop for the past two days and are about the same age and size. I think they are trying to figure out their pecking order. I continue to work for Hands4Africa, although things seem to be somewhat at a standstill right now. Patience and faith in a foreign government always complicates matters. We are patiently awaiting the VAT exemption status for our imports. I hope to get back to Tanzania sometime this year.

I recently visited my cousins in Omaha and quickly developed a new respect for stay at home moms who deal with 2 1/2 year old temper tantrums on a frequent basis!!! I enjoyed celebrating the birthdays of a 9 year old and a 6 year old. We had a fun day of glamour and lunch, plus they went to the movies with their dad that afternoon. These kids have boundless energy and crazy imaginations.
Me, Kenzie and Riley after their hair
was curled and feathers added!
Lunch at their favorite Chinese place
Pretty nails!
It was a cold day at the park!!! The Queen and her
princesses. We ruled Playgroundia!


Kids are definitely fun and tiring!!! We had fun but boy did it feel like a midwest winter while I was there. 
I am ready for this new challenge in my job and hope that I can feel settled after 2 years of feeling like a nomad. I am also hoping to start nurse practitioner school in the fall through the U of A in Tucson. Most of the classes will be online and I will be plugged into a hospital that I can do my clinicals in as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment